Monday, January 28, 2008

My little comedian...

Everyday gets better and better with Stephen. Most of the time, when I am not pulling my hair out, I am crying. Mostly from laughing so hard at him. He is great! Yes, there are times that I cry out of shear anguish, but that doesn't last very long.

The more he learns to communicate, the funnier he gets. Yesterday after church, we spent the day with mom. We laughed and laughed at him. From walking in finding him stark naked from the waist down to jabbering in his own language, he is just non-stop! Oh, to have his energy!

Here is a wonderful example...we left for church last night. I was driving, mom was up front, and of course Stephen was locked tight into his seat. I am sooo used to what his binky sounds like when it falls out of his mouth, so I heard it. I said, "Stephen, I heard that, and you are just going to have to be without it until we get to church." There was a slight pause, then he said, "Dinky (pause), Help (pause), Pweeze (pause), Momma. I thought I was going to fall out of the drivers seat. I was laughing so hard! And of course, how do I turn that down? I mean, come on, he said "pweeze." So, I pulled over at Exxon, and mom and I literally had to tear that jeep apart to find it! All in all, it was extremely funny. I don't know, maybe you had to be there. Needless to say, he knows EXACTLY how to push my buttons! Or should I say pull on my heart strings!

Rotten, rotten, rotten! He has definitely mastered the art of pulling his pants off to include his diaper and "gox" (socks). It simply amazes me how seeing a half naken little boy running through the house, jabbering his heart out just turns me into puddy. All the while chasing him to re-diaper is quite the task, it is still hysterical. And he knows it, and he plays it!

Everyday, I find myself anxious to see what he is doing "new." Everyday is an adventure with him. Everyday I love him more and more!

Life is too short, do not take it for granted, do not get mad at the little things, and when you do cry out of frustration, find the good in it!

God blesses you daily, acknowledge it!
Robin

No comments:

 
Blog Design By: The Hillbilly Chicks