Friday, April 29, 2011

It's Friday...

So why am I in a funk? I honestly think it is because I have been so busy this week, I haven't been able to let any of my creative juices out! Actually, I have had to keep them bottled up for about two weeks now. Ugh!

That is about to change after work. Tonight, I have two cakes to make and decorate, and have to make potato salad. This will all happen of course after I make dinner (which is just simply chicken enchiladas - nothing creative). Needless to say, I am getting ready to have a cup of coffee to physically prepare for a long evening.

What I am most excited about is this...



This is a baby blanket called "Tree of Life," and I am gonna start it for my cousin whom I just found out is pregnant! I.cannot.wait! Isn't is just breathtaking? Thank you Lion Brand for free patterns!

I will post pictures throughout the process of making this blanket. Although, fair warning, it is a knit pattern, so it will probably take me several months to complete it! Thank God I found out when she is only 4 months along!

I also want to mention one of the cakes I am doing tonight is for a very special occasion. My uncle and aunt's 40th wedding anniversary! My aunt absolutely LOVES fondant, so I am making them a small fondant covered cake to enjoy on their special day. Happy Anniversary Frank & Sari! I love you both very much.

Hope everyone has a great and creative weekend!

No comments:

 
Blog Design By: The Hillbilly Chicks