Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Something to look forward to...

You know, God promises many things to those who follow Him. His promises are the only ones that you can actually count on, because man can promise until he is blue in the face and most of the time always falls short!

When I am having a day like I am today, it always makes me feel a little better to pretend that God has promised me one more thing (which this is COMPLETELY make believe):

That I will be able to stand behind certain people on Judgment Day!

As a Christian, I know better than this! It is even a pretty evil thought, and I should be praying for these people. And I know, love the sinner, not the sin. But come on, I am flesh. Sometimes I just cannot fight the feeling of wanting to see what happens to some people on "that" day! Call it justification, unchristian like, whatever you want, I.can't.help.it!

I know that salvation is freewill, and everyone has the opportunity to secure it and live eternally with our Heavenly Father. But, I do also believe there are certain people who have already reserved their spot in hell. I don't get it, because life is so much better if you live it loving God.

Why do people intentionally set out to hurt people. Or maybe they are just so pompous that they don't "set out" to do that, it just comes naturally. I would really hate to be those people. What a sad, sad existence!

I find that my most common phrase to myself and to a lot of people is "I just don't understand it." Well, that is a whole post in itself, and I have fought myself for weeks about composing it. I am just not ready for that, because it annoys the crap out of me.

Anyway, about the title of this post, I do have something to look forward to! I know without a shadow of a doubt, that when I stand before the Lord on "that day," He will say "Well done, my good and faithful servant." 2 Timothy 4:7-8 (7) I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: (8) Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

I am promised that I don't have to deal with revenge. He has a plan, He ALWAYS has a plan! Romans 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

I serve an amazing God. There is nothing I can do to ever repay what He has done and continues to do in my life. I know sometimes my fleshly thoughts hurt Him, but I know I can call on Him and seek forgiveness and He will never turn His back on me. Thank you Lord!

No comments:

 
Blog Design By: The Hillbilly Chicks